• Paint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Fig.: To represent or exhibit to the mind; to describe vividly; to delineate; to image; to depict.
- (n.) A cosmetic; rouge.
- (n.) A pigment or coloring substance.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To color, stain, or tinge; to adorn or beautify with colors; to diversify with colors.
- (v. t.) To color ones face by way of beautifying it.
- (v. t.) To cover with coloring matter; to apply paint to; as, to paint a house, a signboard, etc.
- (v. t.) To form in colors a figure or likeness of on a flat surface, as upon canvas; to represent by means of colors or hues; to exhibit in a tinted image; to portray with paints; as, to paint a portrait or a landscape.
- (v. t.) To practice the art of painting; as, the artist paints well.
- (n.) The same prepared with a vehicle, as oil, water with gum, or the like, for application to a surface.
• Paintership Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or position of being a painter.
• Painter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An artist who represents objects or scenes in color on a flat surface, as canvas, plaster, or the like.
- (n.) A rope at the bow of a boat, used to fasten it to anything.
- (n.) The panther, or puma.
- (n.) One whose occupation is to paint
- (n.) One who covers buildings, ships, ironwork, and the like, with paint.