• Pane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Especially, in modern use, the glass in one compartment of a window sash.
- (n.) The narrow edge of a hammer head. See Peen.
- (n.) One of the flat surfaces, or facets, of any object having several sides.
- (n.) One of the eight facets surrounding the table of a brilliant cut diamond.
- (n.) A division; a distinct piece, limited part, or compartment of any surface; a patch; hence, a square of a checkered or plaided pattern.
- (n.) One of the openings in a slashed garment, showing the bright colored silk, or the like, within; hence, the piece of colored or other stuff so shown.
- (n.) In irrigating, a subdivision of an irrigated surface between a feeder and an outlet drain.
- (n.) A compartment of a surface, or a flat space; hence, one side or face of a building; as, an octagonal tower is said to have eight panes.
• Panegyrize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To indulge in panegyrics.
- (v. t.) To praise highly; to extol in a public speech; to write or deliver a panegyric upon; to eulogize.