• Panic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) By extension: A sudden widespread fright or apprehension concerning financial affairs.
- (a.) A sudden, overpowering fright; esp., a sudden and groundless fright; terror inspired by a trifling cause or a misapprehension of danger; as, the troops were seized with a panic; they fled in a panic.
- (a.) Extreme or sudden and causeless; unreasonable; -- said of fear or fright; as, panic fear, terror, alarm.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Panicum; panic grass; also, the edible grain of some species of panic grass.
• Panic-stricken Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Panic-struck
• Panic-struck Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Struck with a panic, or sudden fear.