• Pap Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The pulp of fruit.
- (n.) A rounded, nipplelike hill or peak; anything resembling a nipple in shape; a mamelon.
- (n.) Nourishment or support from official patronage; as, treasury pap.
- (n.) A soft food for infants, made of bread boiled or softtened in milk or water.
- (v. t.) To feed with pap.
- (n.) A nipple; a mammilla; a teat.
• Papacy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The Roman Catholic religion; -- commonly used by the opponents of the Roman Catholics in disparagement or in an opprobrious sense.
- (n.) The office and dignity of the pope, or pontiff, of Rome; papal jurisdiction.
- (n.) The popes, collectively; the succession of popes.
• Papaw Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tree (Carica Papaya) of tropical America, belonging to the order Passifloreae. It has a soft, spongy stem, eighteen or twenty feet high, crowned with a tuft of large, long-stalked, palmately lobed leaves. The milky juice of the plant is said to have the property of making meat tender. Also, its dull orange-colored, melon-shaped fruit, which is eaten both raw and cooked or pickled.
- (n.) A tree of the genus Asimina (A. triloba), growing in the western and southern parts of the United States, and producing a sweet edible fruit; also, the fruit itself.