• Par Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An amount which is taken as an average or mean.
- (n.) The number of strokes required for a hole or a round played without mistake, two strokes being allowed on each hole for putting. Par represents perfect play, whereas bogey makes allowance on some holes for human frailty. Thus if par for a course is 75, bogey is usually put down, arbitrarily, as 81 or 82.
- (n.) Equal value; equality of nominal and actual value; the value expressed on the face or in the words of a certificate of value, as a bond or other commercial paper.
- (n.) See Parr.
- (prep.) By; with; -- used frequently in Early English in phrases taken from the French, being sometimes written as a part of the word which it governs; as, par amour, or paramour; par cas, or parcase; par fay, or parfay.
- (n.) Equality of condition or circumstances.
• Paradigmatized Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Paradigmatize
• Paradoxer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Paradoxist