• Pare Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut off, or shave off, the superficial substance or extremities of; as, to pare an apple; to pare a horses hoof.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To diminish the bulk of; to reduce; to lessen.
- (v. t.) To remove; to separate; to cut or shave, as the skin, ring, or outside part, from anything; -- followed by off or away; as; to pare off the ring of fruit; to pare away redundancies.
• Parembole Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of parenthesis.
• Parenchymal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or consisting of, parenchyma.