• Pargeting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Parget
- (n.) Plasterwork; esp.: (a) A kind of decorative plasterwork in raised ornamental figures, formerly used for the internal and external decoration of houses. (b) In modern architecture, the plastering of the inside of flues, intended to give a smooth surface and help the draught.
• Parget Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To paint, as the face.
- (v. i.) To lay on plaster.
- (n.) Gypsum or plaster stone.
- (n.) Paint, especially for the face.
- (v. t.) To coat with parget; to plaster, as walls, or the interior of flues; as, to parget the outside of their houses.
- (n.) Plaster, as for lining the interior of flues, or for stuccowork.
- (v. t.) To paint; to cover over.