• Parole Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A word; an oral utterance.
- (n.) Word of promise; word of honor; plighted faith; especially (Mil.), promise, upon ones faith and honor, to fulfill stated conditions, as not to bear arms against ones captors, to return to custody, or the like.
- (n.) Oral declaration. See lst Parol, 2.
- (n.) A watchword given only to officers of guards; -- distinguished from countersign, which is given to all guards.
- (v. t.) To set at liberty on parole; as, to parole prisoners.
- (a.) See 2d Parol.
• Paroled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Parole