• Parries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Parry
• Parry Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To ward off; to stop, or to turn aside; as, to parry a thrust, a blow, or anything that means or threatens harm.
- (v. i.) To ward off, evade, or turn aside something, as a blow, argument, etc.
- (n.) A warding off of a thrust or blow, as in sword and bayonet exercises or in boxing; hence, figuratively, a defensive movement in debate or other intellectual encounter.
- (v. t.) To avoid; to shift or put off; to evade.