• Partial Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Pertaining to a subordinate portion; as, a compound umbel is made up of a several partial umbels; a leaflet is often supported by a partial petiole.
- (n.) Of, pertaining to, or affecting, a part only; not general or universal; not total or entire; as, a partial eclipse of the moon.
- (n.) Inclined to favor one party in a cause, or one side of a question, more then the other; baised; not indifferent; as, a judge should not be partial.
- (n.) Having a predelection for; inclined to favor unreasonably; foolishly fond.
• Partialist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who holds that the atonement was made only for a part of mankind, that is, for the elect.
- (n.) One who is partial.
• Partiality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being partial; inclination to favor one party, or one side of a question, more than the other; undue bias of mind.
- (n.) A predilection or inclination to one thing rather than to others; special taste or liking; as, a partiality for poetry or painting.