• Particle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A minute part or portion of matter; a morsel; a little bit; an atom; a jot; as, a particle of sand, of wood, of dust.
- (n.) The smaller hosts distributed in the communion of the laity.
- (n.) A subordinate word that is never inflected (a preposition, conjunction, interjection); or a word that can not be used except in compositions; as, ward in backward, ly in lovely.
- (n.) A crumb or little piece of concecrated host.
- (n.) Any very small portion or part; the smallest portion; as, he has not a particle of patriotism or virtue.