• Particular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Concerned with, or attentive to, details; minute; circumstantial; precise; as, a full and particular account of an accident; hence, nice; fastidious; as, a man particular in his dress.
- (n.) Special or personal peculiarity, trait, or character; individuality; interest, etc.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a single person, class, or thing; belonging to one only; not general; not common; hence, personal; peculiar; singular.
- (a.) Forming a part of a genus; relatively limited in extension; affirmed or denied of a part of a subject; as, a particular proposition; -- opposed to universal: e. g. (particular affirmative) Some men are wise; (particular negative) Some men are not wise.
- (a.) Holding a particular estate; as, a particular tenant.
- (a.) Containing a part only; limited; as, a particular estate, or one precedent to an estate in remainder.
- (n.) One of the details or items of grounds of claim; -- usually in the pl.; also, a bill of particulars; a minute account; as, a particular of premises.
- (n.) A separate or distinct member of a class, or part of a whole; an individual fact, point, circumstance, detail, or item, which may be considered separately; as, the particulars of a story.
- (a.) Relating to a part or portion of anything; concerning a part separated from the whole or from others of the class; separate; sole; single; individual; specific; as, the particular stars of a constellation.
- (a.) Separate or distinct by reason of superiority; distinguished; important; noteworthy; unusual; special; as, he brought no particular news; she was the particular belle of the party.
• Particularities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Particularity
• Particularized Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Particularize