• Partisan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The commander of a body of detached light troops engaged in making forays and harassing an enemy.
- (a.) Serving as a partisan in a detached command; as, a partisan officer or corps.
- (a.) Adherent to a party or faction; especially, having the character of blind, passionate, or unreasonable adherence to a party; as, blinded by partisan zeal.
- (n.) An adherent to a party or faction; esp., one who is strongly and passionately devoted to a party or an interest.
- (n.) A kind of halberd or pike; also, a truncheon; a staff.
- (n.) Any member of such a corps.
• Partisanship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being a partisan, or adherent to a party; feelings or conduct appropriate to a partisan.