• Partner Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To associate, to join.
- (n.) One who has a part in anything with an other; a partaker; an associate; a sharer. "Partner of his fortune." Shak. Hence: (a) A husband or a wife. (b) Either one of a couple who dance together. (c) One who shares as a member of a partnership in the management, or in the gains and losses, of a business.
- (n.) An associate in any business or occupation; a member of a partnership. See Partnership.
- (n.) A framework of heavy timber surrounding an opening in a deck, to strengthen it for the support of a mast, pump, capstan, or the like.
• Partnership Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or condition of being a partner; as, to be in partnership with another; to have partnership in the fortunes of a family or a state.
- (n.) See Fellowship, n., 6.
- (n.) An alliance or association of persons for the prosecution of an undertaking or a business on joint account; a company; a firm; a house; as, to form a partnership.
- (n.) A division or sharing among partners; joint possession or interest.
- (n.) A contract between two or more competent persons for joining together their money, goods, labor, and skill, or any or all of them, under an understanding that there shall be a communion of profit between them, and for the purpose of carrying on a legal trade, business, or adventure.