• Party Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) One concerned or interested in an affair; one who takes part with others; a participator; as, he was a party to the plot; a party to the contract.
- (v.) A part of a larger body of company; a detachment; especially (Mil.), a small body of troops dispatched on special service.
- (v.) The plaintiff or the defendant in a lawsuit, whether an individual, a firm, or corporation; a litigant.
- (v.) A person; as, he is a queer party.
- (v.) A part or portion.
- (v.) A number of persons united in opinion or action, as distinguished from, or opposed to, the rest of a community or association; esp., one of the parts into which a people is divided on questions of public policy.
- (v.) Partial; favoring one party.
- (v.) A number of persons invited to a social entertainment; a select company; as, a dinner party; also, the entertainment itself; as, to give a party.
- (adv.) Partly.
- (v.) Cause; side; interest.
- (v.) Parted or divided, as in the direction or form of one of the ordinaries; as, an escutcheon party per pale.
- (v.) Hence, any certain person who is regarded as being opposed or antagonistic to another.
• Party-coated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a motley coat, or coat of divers colors.