• Pat Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a pat manner.
- (n.) A small mass, as of butter, shaped by pats.
- (a.) Exactly suitable; fit; convenient; timely.
- (n.) A light, quik blow or stroke with the fingers or hand; a tap.
- (v. t.) To strike gently with the fingers or hand; to stroke lightly; to tap; as, to pat a dog.
• Patchouly Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The perfume made from this plant.
- (n.) A mintlike plant (Pogostemon Patchouli) of the East Indies, yielding an essential oil from which a highly valued perfume is made.
• Paten Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The place on which the consecrated bread is placed in the Eucharist, or on which the host is placed during the Mass. It is usually small, and formed as to fit the chalice, or cup, as a cover.
- (n.) A plate.