• Pated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a pate; -- used only in composition; as, long-pated; shallow-pated.
• Pat Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a pat manner.
- (n.) A small mass, as of butter, shaped by pats.
- (a.) Exactly suitable; fit; convenient; timely.
- (n.) A light, quik blow or stroke with the fingers or hand; a tap.
- (v. t.) To strike gently with the fingers or hand; to stroke lightly; to tap; as, to pat a dog.
• Pate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pie. See Patty.
- (a.) See Patte.
- (n.) The skin of a calfs head.
- (n.) The head of a person; the top, or crown, of the head.
- (n.) A kind of platform with a parapet, usually of an oval form, and generally erected in marshy grounds to cover a gate of a fortified place.