• Paw Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The foot of a quadruped having claws, as the lion, dog, cat, etc.
- (v. t.) To pass the paw over; to stroke or handle with the paws; hence, to handle fondly or rudely.
- (n.) The hand.
- (v. t.) To scrape or beat with the forefoot.
- (v. i.) To draw the forefoot along the ground; to beat or scrape with the forefoot.
• Pawnbroker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who makes a business of lending money on the security of personal property pledged or deposited in his keeping.
• Pawning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pawn