• Peak Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To rise or extend into a peak or point; to form, or appear as, a peak.
- (n.) The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the Peak of Teneriffe.
- (n.) The narrow part of a vessels bow, or the hold within it.
- (v. i.) To pry; to peep slyly.
- (v. i.) To acquire sharpness of figure or features; hence, to look thin or sicky.
- (v. t.) To raise to a position perpendicular, or more nearly so; as, to peak oars, to hold them upright; to peak a gaff or yard, to set it nearer the perpendicular.
- (n.) The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
- (n.) The upper aftermost corner of a fore-and-aft sail; -- used in many combinations; as, peak-halyards, peak-brails, etc.
- (n.) A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
• Peakish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or relating to a peak; or to peaks; belonging to a mountainous region.
- (a.) Having features thin or sharp, as from sickness; hence, sickly.
- (a.) Having peaks; peaked.
• Peaky Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sickly; peaked.
- (a.) Having a peak or peaks.