• Pedestal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The base or foot of a column, statue, vase, lamp, or the like; the part on which an upright work stands. It consists of three parts, the base, the die or dado, and the cornice or surbase molding. See Illust. of Column.
- (n.) A pillow block; a low housing.
- (n.) A casting secured to the frame of a truck and forming a jaw for holding a journal box.
- (n.) An iron socket, or support, for the foot of a brace at the end of a truss where it rests on a pier.
• Pedestaled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Placed on, or supported by, a pedestal; figuratively, exalted.