• Penance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A means of repairing a sin committed, and obtaining pardon for it, consisting partly in the performance of expiatory rites, partly in voluntary submission to a punishment corresponding to the transgression. Penance is the fourth of seven sacraments in the Roman Catholic Church.
- (n.) Repentance.
- (n.) Pain; sorrow; suffering.
- (v. t.) To impose penance; to punish.
• Penanceless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Free from penance.
• Penanced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Penance