• Penciled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Radiated; having pencils of rays.
- (a.) Painted, drawn, sketched, or marked with a pencil.
- (a.) Marked with parallel or radiating lines.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pencil
• Pencil Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Hence, figuratively, an artists ability or peculiar manner; also, in general, the act or occupation of the artist, descriptive writer, etc.
- (v. t.) To write or mark with a pencil; to paint or to draw.
- (n.) A number of lines that intersect in one point, the point of intersection being called the pencil point.
- (n.) A small, fine brush of hair or bristles used by painters for laying on colors.
- (n.) An aggregate or collection of rays of light, especially when diverging from, or converging to, a point.
- (n.) A small medicated bougie.
- (n.) A slender cylinder or strip of black lead, colored chalk, slate etc., or such a cylinder or strip inserted in a small wooden rod intended to be pointed, or in a case, which forms a handle, -- used for drawing or writing. See Graphite.