• Penetrate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To enter into; to make way into the interior of; to effect an entrance into; to pierce; as, light penetrates darkness.
- (v. t.) To affect profoundly through the senses or feelings; to touch with feeling; to make sensible; to move deeply; as, to penetrate ones heart with pity.
- (v. i.) To pass; to make way; to pierce. Also used figuratively.
- (v. t.) To pierce into by the mind; to arrive at the inner contents or meaning of, as of a mysterious or difficult subject; to comprehend; to understand.
• Penetrated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Penetrate