• Pens Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) pl. of Penny.
• Pen Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A wing.
- (n.) A small inclosure; as, a pen for sheep or for pigs.
- (n.) A female swan.
- (n.) An instrument used for writing with ink, formerly made of a reed, or of the quill of a goose or other bird, but now also of other materials, as of steel, gold, etc. Also, originally, a stylus or other instrument for scratching or graving.
- (n.) Fig.: A writer, or his style; as, he has a sharp pen.
- (v. t.) To write; to compose and commit to paper; to indite; to compose; as, to pen a sonnet.
- (n.) The internal shell of a squid.
- (n. & v.) To shut up, as in a pen or cage; to confine in a small inclosure or narrow space; to coop up, or shut in; to inclose.
- (n.) A feather.
• Pensionary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who receives a pension; a pensioner.
- (a.) Maintained by a pension; receiving a pension; as, pensionary spies.
- (a.) Consisting of a pension; as, a pensionary provision for maintenance.
- (n.) One of the chief magistrates of towns in Holland.
• Pensioned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pension