• Pentad Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the valence of a pentad.
- (n.) Any element, atom, or radical, having a valence of five, or which can be combined with, substituted for, or compared with, five atoms of hydrogen or other monad; as, nitrogen is a pentad in the ammonium compounds.
• Pentadactyloid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the form of, or a structure modified from, a pentadactyl limb.
• Pentadactyle Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having five appendages resembling fingers or toes.
- (a.) Having five digits to the hand or foot.
• Pentadelphous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the stamens arranged in five clusters, those of each cluster having their filaments more or less united, as the flowers of the linden.