• People Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Ones subjects; fellow citizens; companions; followers.
- (n.) Persons, generally; an indefinite number of men and women; folks; population, or part of population; as, country people; -- sometimes used as an indefinite subject or verb, like on in French, and man in German; as, people in adversity.
- (n.) Ones ancestors or family; kindred; relations; as, my people were English.
- (v. t.) To stock with people or inhabitants; to fill as with people; to populate.
- (n.) The mass of comunity as distinguished from a special class; the commonalty; the populace; the vulgar; the common crowd; as, nobles and people.
- (n.) The body of persons who compose a community, tribe, nation, or race; an aggregate of individuals forming a whole; a community; a nation.
• Peopled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of People
- (a.) Stocked with, or as with, people; inhabited.