• Perpendicular Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A line at right angles to the plane of the horizon; a vertical line or direction.
- (a.) At right angles to a given line or surface; as, the line ad is perpendicular to the line bc.
- (a.) Exactly upright or vertical; pointing to the zenith; at right angles to the plane of the horizon; extending in a right line from any point toward the center of the earth.
- (n.) A line or plane falling at right angles on another line or surface, or making equal angles with it on each side.
• Perpendicularity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being perpendicular.