• Pers Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Light blue; grayish blue; -- a term applied to different shades at different periods.
- (n.) A cloth of sky-blue color.
• Per Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) Through; by means of; through the agency of; by; for; for each; as, per annum; per capita, by heads, or according to individuals; per curiam, by the court; per se, by itself, of itself. Per is also sometimes used with English words.
• Persecute Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pursue in a manner to injure, grieve, or afflict; to beset with cruelty or malignity; to harass; especially, to afflict, harass, punish, or put to death, for adherence to a particular religious creed or mode of worship.
- (v. t.) To harass with importunity; to pursue with persistent solicitations; to annoy.
• Personation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of personating, or conterfeiting the person or character of another.