• Person Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To represent as a person; to personify; to impersonate.
- (n.) A parson; the parish priest.
- (n.) One of three relations or conditions (that of speaking, that of being spoken to, and that of being spoken of) pertaining to a noun or a pronoun, and thence also to the verb of which it may be the subject.
- (n.) A character or part, as in a play; a specific kind or manifestation of individual character, whether in real life, or in literary or dramatic representation; an assumed character.
- (n.) Among Trinitarians, one of the three subdivisions of the Godhead (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost); an hypostasis.
- (n.) A shoot or bud of a plant; a polyp or zooid of the compound Hydrozoa Anthozoa, etc.; also, an individual, in the narrowest sense, among the higher animals.
- (n.) The bodily form of a human being; body; outward appearance; as, of comely person.
- (n.) A human being spoken of indefinitely; one; a man; as, any person present.
- (n.) A living, self-conscious being, as distinct from an animal or a thing; a moral agent; a human being; a man, woman, or child.
• Personation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of personating, or conterfeiting the person or character of another.
• Personate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To assume the character of; to represent by a fictitious appearance; to act the part of; hence, to counterfeit; to feign; as, he tried to personate his brother; a personated devotion.
- (a.) Having the throat of a bilabiate corolla nearly closed by a projection of the base of the lower lip; masked, as in the flower of the snapdragon.
- (v. t.) To personify; to typify; to describe.
- (v. t.) To celebrate loudly; to extol; to praise.
- (v. t.) To set forth in an unreal character; to disguise; to mask.
- (v. i.) To play or assume a character.