• Personating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Personate
• Personate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To assume the character of; to represent by a fictitious appearance; to act the part of; hence, to counterfeit; to feign; as, he tried to personate his brother; a personated devotion.
- (a.) Having the throat of a bilabiate corolla nearly closed by a projection of the base of the lower lip; masked, as in the flower of the snapdragon.
- (v. t.) To personify; to typify; to describe.
- (v. t.) To celebrate loudly; to extol; to praise.
- (v. t.) To set forth in an unreal character; to disguise; to mask.
- (v. i.) To play or assume a character.