• Perturb Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To disturb; to agitate; to vex; to trouble; to disquiet.
- (v. t.) To disorder; to confuse.
• Perturbate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To perturb.
- (a.) Perturbed; agitated.
• Perturbation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disturbance in the regular elliptic or other motion of a heavenly body, produced by some force additional to that which causes its regular motion; as, the perturbations of the planets are caused by their attraction on each other.
- (n.) The act of perturbing, or the state of being perturbed; esp., agitation of mind.