• Pew Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any structure shaped like a church pew, as a stall, formerly used by money lenders, etc.; a box in theater; a pen; a sheepfold.
- (v. t.) To furnish with pews.
- (n.) One of the compartments in a church which are separated by low partitions, and have long seats upon which several persons may sit; -- sometimes called slip. Pews were originally made square, but are now usually long and narrow.
• Pewee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The woodcock.
- (n.) A common American tyrant flycatcher (Sayornis phoebe, or S. fuscus). Called also pewit, and phoebe.
• Pewet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Same as Pewit.