• Phrase Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To group notes into phrases; as, he phrases well. See Phrase, n., 4.
- (v. t.) To express in words, or in peculiar words; to call; to style.
- (n.) A brief expression, sometimes a single word, but usually two or more words forming an expression by themselves, or being a portion of a sentence; as, an adverbial phrase.
- (n.) A short clause or portion of a period.
- (v. i.) To use proper or fine phrases.
- (n.) A mode or form of speech; the manner or style in which any one expreses himself; diction; expression.
- (n.) A short, pithy expression; especially, one which is often employed; a peculiar or idiomatic turn of speech; as, to err is human.
• Phraseogram Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A symbol for a phrase.