• Physical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to physic, or the art of medicine; medicinal; curative; healing; also, cathartic; purgative.
- (a.) Perceptible through a bodily or material organization; cognizable by the senses; external; as, the physical, opposed to chemical, characters of a mineral.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to physics, or natural philosophy; treating of, or relating to, the causes and connections of natural phenomena; as, physical science; physical laws.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to nature (as including all created existences); in accordance with the laws of nature; also, of or relating to natural or material things, or to the bodily structure, as opposed to things mental, moral, spiritual, or imaginary; material; natural; as, armies and navies are the physical force of a nation; the body is the physical part of man.
• Physically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) According to the rules of medicine.
- (adv.) In a physical manner; according to the laws of nature or physics; by physical force; not morally.