• Physiognomies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Physiognomy
• Physiognomy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The face or countenance, with respect to the temper of the mind; particular configuration, cast, or expression of countenance, as denoting character.
- (n.) The art telling fortunes by inspection of the features.
- (n.) The general appearance or aspect of a thing, without reference to its scientific characteristics; as, the physiognomy of a plant, or of a meteor.
- (n.) The art and science of discovering the predominant temper, and other characteristic qualities of the mind, by the outward appearance, especially by the features of the face.