• Pickled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Preserved in a pickle.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pickle
• Pickle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To preserve or season in pickle; to treat with some kind of pickle; as, to pickle herrings or cucumbers.
- (n.) See Picle.
- (v. t.) Vinegar, plain or spiced, used for preserving vegetables, fish, eggs, oysters, etc.
- (v. t.) To give an antique appearance to; -- said of copies or imitations of paintings by the old masters.
- (v. t.) A troublesome child; as, a little pickle.
- (v. t.) Any article of food which has been preserved in brine or in vinegar.
- (v. t.) A bath of dilute sulphuric or nitric acid, etc., to remove burnt sand, scale rust, etc., from the surface of castings, or other articles of metal, or to brighten them or improve their color.
- (v. t.) A solution of salt and water, in which fish, meat, etc., may be preserved or corned; brine.