• Pieced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Piece
• Piece Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An individual; -- applied to a person as being of a certain nature or quality; often, but not always, used slightingly or in contempt.
- (n.) Any one thing conceived of as apart from other things of the same kind; an individual article; a distinct single effort of a series; a definite performance
- (n.) A castle; a fortified building.
- (n.) A definite portion or quantity, as of goods or work; as, a piece of broadcloth; a piece of wall paper.
- (n.) A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.
- (v. i.) To unite by a coalescence of parts; to fit together; to join.
- (n.) A fact; an item; as, a piece of news; a piece of knowledge.
- (n.) A coin; as, a sixpenny piece; -- formerly applied specifically to an English gold coin worth 22 shillings.
- (n.) One of the superior men, distinguished from a pawn.
- (n.) A musket, gun, or cannon; as, a battery of six pieces; a following piece.
- (v. t.) To make, enlarge, or repair, by the addition of a piece or pieces; to patch; as, to piece a garment; -- often with out.
- (n.) A literary or artistic composition; as, a piece of poetry, music, or statuary.
- (v. t.) To unite; to join; to combine.