• Pied Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pi
- (a.) Variegated with spots of different colors; party-colored; spotted; piebald.
- () imp. & p. p. of Pi, or Pie, v.
• Pi Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Greek letter (/, /) corresponding to the Roman letter P.
- (n.) Specif.: (Math.) The letter /, /, as used to denote the number or quotient approximately expressing the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter; also, the quotient or the ratio itself. The value of the quotient pi, to eight decimal places, is 3.14159265. The quotient pi cannot be expressed as a root of an algebraic equation; and from this fact follows the impossibility of the quadrature of the circle by purely algebraic processes, or by the aid of a ruler and compass.
- (n.) A mass of type confusedly mixed or unsorted.
- (v. t.) To put into a mixed and disordered condition, as type; to mix and disarrange the type of; as, to pi a form.
• Pie Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A magpie.
- (v. t.) See Pi.
- (n.) Any other species of the genus Pica, and of several allied genera.
- (n.) See Camp, n., 5.
- (n.) The service book.
- (n.) An article of food consisting of paste baked with something in it or under it; as, chicken pie; venison pie; mince pie; apple pie; pumpkin pie.
- (n.) Type confusedly mixed. See Pi.
• Piedmont Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Noting the region of foothills near the base of a mountain chain.
• Piedstall Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Pedestal.