• Piloted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pilot
• Pilot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A short plug at the end of a counterbore to guide the tool. Pilots are sometimes made interchangeable.
- (v. t.) To fly, or act as pilot of (an aircraft).
- (n.) The heading or excavation of relatively small dimensions, first made in the driving of a larger tunnel.
- (n.) One who flies, or is qualified to fly, a balloon, an airship, or a flying machine.
- (n.) One employed to steer a vessel; a helmsman; a steersman.
- (n.) An instrument for detecting the compass error.
- (v. t.) Figuratively: To guide, as through dangers or difficulties.
- (n.) Specifically, a person duly qualified, and licensed by authority, to conduct vessels into and out of a port, or in certain waters, for a fixed rate of fees.
- (n.) Figuratively: A guide; a director of another through a difficult or unknown course.
- (n.) The cowcatcher of a locomotive.
- (v. t.) To direct the course of, as of a ship, where navigation is dangerous.