• Pinioned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pinion
- (a.) Having wings or pinions.
• Pinion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cogwheel with a small number of teeth, or leaves, adapted to engage with a larger wheel, or rack (see Rack); esp., such a wheel having its leaves formed of the substance of the arbor or spindle which is its axis.
- (v. t.) To disable by cutting off the pinion joint.
- (n.) A wing, literal or figurative.
- (n.) The joint of birds wing most remote from the body.
- (n.) A fetter for the arm.
- (n.) A feather; a quill.
- (n.) A moth of the genus Lithophane, as L. antennata, whose larva bores large holes in young peaches and apples.
- (v. t.) Hence, generally, to confine; to bind; to tie up.
- (v. t.) To bind or confine the wings of; to confine by binding the wings.
- (v. t.) To disable or restrain, as a person, by binding the arms, esp. by binding the arms to the body.