• Pinked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pink
- (a.) Pierced with small holes; worked in eyelets; scalloped on the edge.
• Pink Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Resembling the garden pink in color; of the color called pink (see 6th Pink, 2); as, a pink dress; pink ribbons.
- (v. t.) The European minnow; -- so called from the color of its abdomen in summer.
- (n.) A stab.
- (v. t.) Anything supremely excellent; the embodiment or perfection of something.
- (v. t.) A name given to several plants of the caryophyllaceous genus Dianthus, and to their flowers, which are sometimes very fragrant and often double in cultivated varieties. The species are mostly perennial herbs, with opposite linear leaves, and handsome five-petaled flowers with a tubular calyx.
- (v. i.) To wink; to blink.
- (v. t.) To stab; to pierce as with a sword.
- (a.) Half-shut; winking.
- (v. t.) To pierce with small holes; to cut the edge of, as cloth or paper, in small scallops or angles.
- (v. t.) A color resulting from the combination of a pure vivid red with more or less white; -- so called from the common color of the flower.
- (n.) A vessel with a very narrow stern; -- called also pinky.
- (v. t.) To choose; to cull; to pick out.