• Pioneer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) To go before, and prepare or open a way for; to act as pioneer.
- (n.) One who goes before, as into the wilderness, preparing the way for others to follow; as, pioneers of civilization; pioneers of reform.
- (n.) A soldier detailed or employed to form roads, dig trenches, and make bridges, as an army advances.
• Pioneering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pioneer
• Pioneers Day Definition & Synonyms
- () In Utah, a legal holiday, July 24, commemorated the arrival, in 1847, of Brigham Young and his followers at the present site of Salt Lake City.