• Pities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Pity
• Pity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A feeling for the sufferings or distresses of another or others; sympathy with the grief or misery of another; compassion; fellow-feeling; commiseration.
- (n.) Piety.
- (v. t.) To feel pity or compassion for; to have sympathy with; to compassionate; to commiserate; to have tender feelings toward (any one), awakened by a knowledge of suffering.
- (v. i.) To be compassionate; to show pity.
- (v. t.) To move to pity; -- used impersonally.
- (n.) A reason or cause of pity, grief, or regret; a thing to be regretted.