• Placard Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To post placards upon or within; as, to placard a wall, to placard the city.
- (n.) Permission given by authority; a license; as, to give a placard to do something.
- (n.) A public proclamation; a manifesto or edict issued by authority.
- (v. t.) To announce by placards; as, to placard a sale.
- (n.) A kind of stomacher, often adorned with jewels, worn in the fifteenth century and later.
- (n.) A written or printed paper, as an advertisement or a declaration, posted, or to be posted, in a public place; a poster.
- (n.) An extra plate on the lower part of the breastplate or backplate.
• Placarded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Placard
• Placarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Placard