• Platform Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To form a plan of; to model; to lay out.
- (n.) A light deck, usually placed in a section of the hold or over the floor of the magazine. See Orlop.
- (v. t.) To place on a platform.
- (n.) Any flat or horizontal surface; especially, one that is raised above some particular level, as a framework of timber or boards horizontally joined so as to form a roof, or a raised floor, or portion of a floor; a landing; a dais; a stage, for speakers, performers, or workmen; a standing place.
- (n.) A plat; a plan; a sketch; a model; a pattern. Used also figuratively.
- (n.) A declaration of the principles upon which a person, a sect, or a party proposes to stand; a declared policy or system; as, the Saybrook platform; a political platform.
- (n.) A place laid out after a model.