• Pleasing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An object of pleasure.
- (a.) Giving pleasure or satisfaction; causing agreeable emotion; agreeable; delightful; as, a pleasing prospect; pleasing manners.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Please
• Please Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give pleasure to; to excite agreeable sensations or emotions in; to make glad; to gratify; to content; to satisfy.
- (v. t.) To be the will or pleasure of; to seem good to; -- used impersonally.
- (v. i.) To have pleasure; to be willing, as a matter of affording pleasure or showing favor; to vouchsafe; to consent.
- (v. i.) To afford or impart pleasure; to excite agreeable emotions.
- (v. t.) To have or take pleasure in; hence, to choose; to wish; to desire; to will.