• Plume Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A token of honor or prowess; that on which one prides himself; a prize or reward.
- (v.) A feather, or group of feathers, worn as an ornament; a waving ornament of hair, or other material resembling feathers.
- (v.) An ornamental tuft of feathers.
- (v.) A feather; esp., a soft, downy feather, or a long, conspicuous, or handsome feather.
- (v.) A large and flexible panicle of inflorescence resembling a feather, such as is seen in certain large ornamental grasses.
- (v. t.) To adorn with feathers or plumes.
- (v. t.) To strip of feathers; to pluck; to strip; to pillage; also, to peel.
- (v. t.) To pick and adjust the plumes or feathers of; to dress or prink.
- (v. t.) To pride; to vaunt; to boast; -- used reflexively; as, he plumes himself on his skill.
• Plumery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Plumes, collectively or in general; plumage.
• Plumeless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Without plumes.