• Plump Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Done or made plump, or suddenly and without reservation; blunt; unreserved; direct; downright.
- (v. t.) To make plump; to fill (out) or support; -- often with up.
- (v. t.) To cast or let drop all at once, suddenly and heavily; as, to plump a stone into water.
- (n.) A knot; a cluster; a group; a crowd; a flock; as, a plump of trees, fowls, or spears.
- (a. & v.) Directly; suddenly; perpendicularly.
- (v. t.) To give (a vote), as a plumper. See Plumper, 2.
- (a.) To grow plump; to swell out; as, her cheeks have plumped.
- (adv.) Well rounded or filled out; full; fleshy; fat; as, a plump baby; plump cheeks.
- (a.) To drop or fall suddenly or heavily, all at once.
- (a.) To give a plumper. See Plumper, 2.
• Plumped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Plump