• Policed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Regulated by laws for the maintenance of peace and order, enforced by organized administration.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Police
• Police Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The organized body of civil officers in a city, town, or district, whose particular duties are the preservation of good order, the prevention and detection of crime, and the enforcement of the laws.
- (v. t.) To make clean; as, to police a camp.
- (n.) A judicial and executive system, for the government of a city, town, or district, for the preservation of rights, order, cleanliness, health, etc., and for the enforcement of the laws and prevention of crime; the administration of the laws and regulations of a city, incorporated town, or borough.
- (n.) That which concerns the order of the community; the internal regulation of a state.
- (n.) Military police, the body of soldiers detailed to preserve civil order and attend to sanitary arrangements in a camp or garrison.
- (n.) The cleaning of a camp or garrison, or the state / a camp as to cleanliness.
- (v. t.) To keep in order by police.