• Pond Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A body of water, naturally or artificially confined, and usually of less extent than a lake.
- (v. t.) To ponder.
- (v. t.) To make into a pond; to collect, as water, in a pond by damming.
• Ponderous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Heavy; dull; wanting; lightless or spirit; as, a ponderous style; a ponderous joke.
- (a.) Important; momentous; forcible.
- (a.) Very heavy; weighty; as, a ponderous shield; a ponderous load; the ponderous elephant.
• Ponderal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Estimated or ascertained by weight; -- distinguished from numeral; as, a ponderal drachma.
• Pondering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ponder
- (a.) Deliberating.