• Pond Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A body of water, naturally or artificially confined, and usually of less extent than a lake.
- (v. t.) To ponder.
- (v. t.) To make into a pond; to collect, as water, in a pond by damming.
• Ponderation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of weighing.
• Ponderous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Heavy; dull; wanting; lightless or spirit; as, a ponderous style; a ponderous joke.
- (a.) Important; momentous; forcible.
- (a.) Very heavy; weighty; as, a ponderous shield; a ponderous load; the ponderous elephant.
• Ponder Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To think; to deliberate; to muse; -- usually followed by on or over.
- (v. t.) To weigh in the mind; to view with deliberation; to examine carefully; to consider attentively.
- (v. t.) To weigh.